Hello!! Today I'm hosting Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday! If you're new - welcome!
I'm not going to bother introducing myself and what I do because I'm simply too excited ;) If you would like to stay and look around after linking up that would be great! But I have to get on to the main event...





Now I'm not one to toot my own horn in normal circumstances but for this one - toot toot!!!
It is SO BLEEPING AWESOME (because it's a robot!!)


looks like he's waving and saying 'Merry Christmas'!

This is the 'Does Not Compute' pattern from the wonderful book Dare To Be Square by the talented Boo Davis. This book is amazing and I want to make every single thing in it. Already on my list is the hottenanny quilt (and I have the fabric ready and waiting!). The instructions are so easy to follow and she has great advice for someone just starting out but then she also has projects anyone would love to make! The robot was really simple because there's none of those pesky triANGERles. I quilted it very simply so the focus remains on the fun design:


I love the backing fabric from the I Heart collection by Rashida Coleman-Hale for Timeless Treasures. Those cogs are just so cool. A lot of the fabric I used for the top was given to me by my wonderful cousin, including the cute bee fabric:



I also love the binding fabric, which is the totally gorgeous Herringbone in Lake from the Modern Meadow collection by Joel Dewberry - as soon as this came back into stock at Hawthorne Threads, I snapped it up - even though I've still got some I'm wishing I'd got even more. My son has seen the fabric lying around and told me he loves it because it looks like cobwebs! (He had an own clothes day at school yesterday, guess who went dressed as Spiderman?!!)
Did you notice the crappy embroidery?! This quilt is clearly destined to be loved by my son so I attempted some chain stitching rather than a label (see why embroidery is on my list of things I want to do!!):


I'm planning on putting it out on his bed on Christmas day evening, I sort of think unwrapping a quilt isn't that exciting for a three year old but seeing it laid out will be a fun surprise :)

I've been plodding along with this one and it was only because of the TGIFF ladies and their kind acceptance when I wanted to host that it's actually finished - nothing like a bit of motivation! So thank you to Laura of Quokka Quilts and M-R of Quilt Matters! Also thank you to Rebecca for a bit of nudging!
I blogged about making this quilt in my third ever blog post back at the very beginning of September this year so it's only over 3 months since I started but it feels like this one has been hanging around forever! I think it's because I've made so many other things in the mean time!! I don't like having unfinished projects, it's just a bit tedious.

So have you managed to finish anything this week? Oh, you have?! How about linking up then ;)

Please link back to TGIFF in your post, you can grab the button here. Also spread the love and visit some of the other wonderful and clever bloggers who are linking up!
(fingers crossed this linky thing works!!) It's working! So go ahead and add your finish...